M1-R4: IT TOOLS AND BUSINESS SYSTEMS
1. There are TWO PARTS in this Module/Paper. PART ONE contains FOUR questions and PART TWO contains FIVE questions.
2. PART ONE is to be answered in the OMR ANSWER SHEET only, supplied with the question paper, as per the instructions contained therein. PART ONE is NOT to beanswered in the answer book.
3. Maximum time allotted for PART ONE is ONE HOUR. Answer book for PART TWO will be supplied at the table when the answer sheet for PART ONE is returned. However, candidates, who complete PART ONE earlier than one hour, can collect the answer book for PART TWO immediately after handing over the answer sheet for PART ONE.
TOTAL TIME: 3
HOURS TOTAL MARKS: 100
(PART ONE – 40; PART TWO – 60)
(Answer all the questions)
1. Each question below gives a multiple choice of answers. Choose the most appropriate one and enter in the “OMR” answer sheet supplied with the question paper, following instructions therein. (1x10)
1.2 USB is
A) Unique Serial Bus
B) Universal Serial Bus
C) Union Serial Bus
D) Unknown Serial Bus
1.3 Operating System is responsible for
A) Management of the processor
B) Management of the input/output
C) Management of the memory
D) All of the above
1.4 Which of the following is largest memory size?
A) 10000000 Kilobytes
B) 10000000 Megabytes
C) 100 Gigabyte
D) 1 Terabyte
1.5 Linux is a type of software?
A) System Software
B) Operating System
C) Open Source Software
D) All of the above
1.6 A Hexa decimal number 'A0' has the decimal value
1.7 Mail Merge is
A) production of multiple documents from a single template and a data source
B) production of single documents from a single template and a Clip art
C) production of multiple documents from a single file and an address
D) production of document from a single template and a data source
1.8 The hexadecimal representation of the binary number (110101111) given in base 2 is
1.9 Which of the following is a shortcut key for "Spelling and Grammar"?
1.10 Not a Integrity Constraint
A) Primary Key
B) Foreign Key
2. Each statement below is either TRUE or FALSE. Choose the most appropriate one and ENTER in the “OMR” answer sheet supplied with the question paper, following instructions therein. (1x10)
2.1 EPROM is Electronically Programmable Read Only Memory.
2.2 Multimedia includes a combination of text, audio, images, animation, video, or
2.3 Batch processing is the type of system puts the user into direct conversation with the
computer through a keyboard.
2.4 An instruction in a programming language that is replaced by a sequence of instructions
prior to assembly or compiling is known as macro.
2.5 =sum(A1.A10) is valid formula.
2.6 F6 can be used to run the current presentation.
2.7 The relational database model was created by Charles Babbage.
2.8 '@' and '.' signs can be used in email address.
2.9 Fedora is a Proprietary Software.
2.10 Railway Reservation System is example of Real time Application.
3. Match words and phrases in column X with the closest related meaning/word(s)/phrase(s) in column Y. Enter your selection in the “OMR” answer sheet supplied with the question paper, following instructions therein. (1x10)
3.1 The arranging of data in a logical A. mkfs
sequence is called.
3.2 Which output device is used to print large B. data dictionary
3.3 What command do you use to create C. data manipulation language
Linux file systems?
3.4 Command used to select data in rows D. Sorting
and column from one or more tables in
3.5 Store data about data in DBMS? E. Program
3.6 Group of instructions that directs a F. PowerPoint
computer is called.
3.7 Output Device. G. Plotter
3.8 A bootstrap is H. A small initialization program to
start up a computer
3.9 Command used to find highest number I. max(Range)
out of series of numbers in MS Excel.
3.10 Program used for Presentation. J. Scanner
4. Each statement below has a blank space to fit one of the word(s) or phrase(s) in the list below. Enter your choice in the “OMR” answer sheet supplied with the question paper, following nstructions therein. (1x10)
D. Programmer E. Data integrity F. RDBMS
G. Inkjet H. Drop Table I. F2
J. Erase K. Delete Table L. Bug
4.1 ________ printing is a type of computer printing that creates a digital image by propelling
droplets of ink onto paper.
4.2 ________ is a collection of software that manages computer hardware resources and
provides common services for computer programs.
4.3 In MS Excel, a numeric value can be treated as a label value if precedes with ________.
4.4 A logical error in a program is called ________.
4.5 ________ can refer to a specialist in one area of computer programming or to a
generalist who writes code for many kinds of software.
4.6 ________ refers to maintaining and assuring the accuracy and consistency of data over
its entire life-cycle.
4.7 ________ command is used to remove a table from the database in SQL.
4.8 Shortcut key ________ is used to edit content of a cell in MS Excel.
4.9 ________ command is used to remove files in Unix/Linux.
4.10 The ________ is a global system of interconnected computer networks.
(Answer any FOUR questions)
a) Draw a internal diagram of computer system and explain in brief the application of
b) Differentiate between System software and Application software.
c) What is Multimedia? Briefly explain its various components.
a) Convert (1765)8 to Hexadecimal number.
b) How Table is created in Word application? How formula can be used in Word tables?
c) Creates an Excel sheet, fill numbers in A1 to A10 cell, write formula to sum the above
numbers in A11, maximum of above numbers in A12 and count if numbers greater than
20 in A13 cell.
a) Explain with example cell referencing. What are the different types of referencing?
b) Explain the terms Header, Footer, Footnotes and Endnotes. What is the difference
between Footnotes & Endnotes?
c) Define RAM, ROM and Cache Memory.
a) Discuss the concept of Integrity Constraints.
b) Differentiate between DDL and DML.
c) Explain the role of DBA in the database management system.
a) Discuss the role of Information Technology in the field of Education.
b) Discuss the various layouts templates available in PowerPoint presentation.
c) Discuss the role of Internet on e-Business.